The SFG Scholarship is hosted by the S.I.G.M.A. Foundation of Georgia, Inc., a
501©(3) nonprofit, and was established by the membership of the Zeta Alpha
Sigma chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. The scholarship’s mission is to recognize and provide financial assistance to outstanding college-bound high school seniors who have demonstrated a willingness to further their educational goals by continuing their secondary education.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be a high school senior attending an accredited high school in the state of
• Be a U.S. citizen and have permanent residence in the state of Georgia
• Plan to be enrolled full-time at an accredited 4-year college or university
based in the United States (excluding proprietary and online schools)
• Have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale
• Be able to provide an official high school transcript
• Submit an essay using one of the approved topics (The essay response
should be no less than 1,000 and no more than 1,200 words. The essay
should be created and submitted as an MS Word unprotected document).
Completed applications must be submitted electronically, emailed to
email@example.com, or mailed to P.O. Box 491091 College Park GA 30349. A cover page is required including all information found in the application.
Approved Essay Topics (Choose only one topic from the below list):
- Describe any act(s) of kindness you have demonstrated and how this act
has affected yourself and others.
- Describe one community service project you have been involved in that
changed your life in a meaningful way.
- Describe any goals that you may have for using your prospective degree to
advance your level of service to the community and why this is important.
- Describe why you believe the attainment of a college or university
education is important to you and why it matters for the wider community.
Access the application here. For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.