Zeta Alpha Sigma Alumnae Chapter: Rhoer Club
The purpose of the Rhoer Club is to provide a positive experience for young women ages 12 to 18 in leadership development, academic counseling, personal counseling, mentoring, community service, and rites of passage. They participate in many of the activities of the Sorority as well as special youth development programs. Rhoer Clubs offer girls the opportunity to build their self-esteem, learn about their heritage and develop the skills needed to be personally and academically successful. Leadership, Community Service and Scholarship are the hallmarks of the activity of the Rhoer Club.
The ZAS Rhoer Club consists of a diverse group of young ladies who demonstrate high scholastic achievement. This program includes training and guidance in education, community service, vocation, fine arts, and social grace. The program also provides the young ladies with the energy, support, commitment, and encouragement from the members of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. to help them develop and succeed in their life’s endeavors.
The club goals are to:
- Train and guide them for leadership and finer womanhood
- Inspire, encourage, and challenge them with their talents and future careers
- Assist them in developing positive, effective, and healthy attitudes towards life and society
- Encourage them to have high educational and career aspirations
- Prime them to meet the challenges of adulthood, and teach them important life skills
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. believes in training young girls to be leaders in their own lives and their communities so they will make a difference. The sorority’s motto of “Greater Service, Greater Progress” reflects its drive to train girls to serve their community to improve the quality of life for all. Girls are taught the importance of scholarship because only through education will anyone ever reach their full potential.
Interested in the Rhoer Club?
Rhoer Clubs are organized on a local, regional and national level. Local clubs are advised by chapters of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. and attend annual regional meetings to meet other Rhoers from their region.
Club Dues and Fees:
- First year national dues are $50; these dues cover the official Rhoer Club pin and the new Rhoer Handbook. After the first year, national renewal dues decrease to $15 per year. Local dues may also apply.
- Female Students – Ages 12-18
- Possess a Positive Attitude
- Attend the Monthly Meetings
- Participate in Sponsored Activities
- One Letter of Recommendation
- 2.5 or Higher GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
For more information please contact Chanel Brown, Rhoer Club Advisor, at ZASRhoerClub@gmail.com or through the contact form below: