Zeta Alpha Sigma Alumnae Chapter: Philo Club
The Philos Club was created in 1943. The name Philo, which means “friend” in Greek, was given to the organization in 1954. The Philo Club consists of women who share the sorority’s principles of sisterhood and service.
The purpose of the Philo Affiliate is:
(1) To unite women of the highest caliber;
(2) To help develop and support educational and cultural work among Rhoers;
(3) To take part in such other activities that will strengthen Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. and improve civic and community conditions at the local, regional and national levels;
(4) To function as an affiliate to the local Sigma Gamma Rho Alumnae Chapter.
Many years ago, alumnae chapters of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. realized the importance of the prestige, goodwill and cooperation of women who, for various reasons, were not members of any Greek letter organization. Many women were of the highest caliber with outstanding religious, educational, civic and social connections. Local alumnae chapters of the Sorority organized these women into auxiliaries with various names. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. officially approved these organized groups and accepted Philos as the official name of the affiliate group. The Philos have rendered and continued to render valuable service to the Sorority and to the community for decades.
To learn more about ZAS’s Philo Club, contact Philo Club Advisor – Tonia Manson – email@example.com.